Edinburgh or Remote, Part-time/Job-share available
At Kindaba, we are building the future of communication for families. What we build is used by thousands all over the world and will be used by millions more. We are a social impact company, which means that delivering meaningful social impact through our business activities is crucial to our success.
We’re hiring a Social Impact Coordinator to expand our social impact activities and assist with creating programmes that further our social impact goals of education, empowerment and employment. From supporting our CodeYourFuture internship to evaluating partnerships with other organisations and companies, this role will depends on excellent communication, organisation, and planning skills. Our ideal candidate thinks of themselves as a self-starter, and excited to create their own role, while reporting and establishing what good looks like in social impact.
The person in this role will work alongside our growth and engineering team. They will seek to understand all of the work that we do and create programmes, partnerships, and events that maximises the work we do from a social impact perspective.
- Developing programmes, partnerships and events based around our social impact priorities
- Learning all aspects of the business and propose social impact initiatives based around the product and growth teams
- Creating robust evaluation metrics to track progress both of participants in our programmes, of the social impact and of the benefit to Kindaba
- Excellent communication skills
- You consider yourself a self-starter and don’t have a problem coming up with ideas without knowing if they will succeed
- You have practical, marketing, and strategic event planning experience
- You manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders very well
- You aren’t afraid to fail, and love learning from experiences
- You are very efficient with your time, especially when coordinating events with externals who are often under time constraints
- Experience developing and managing training programmes
Working with us
- We believe exceptional work is about adopting a mindset of continuous learning, being comfortable with failure, openness and vulnerability. We practice radical candor and provide a supportive environment and encourage everyone to challenge assumptions. We have a no-blame culture where everyone’s ideas have merit
- We’re remote positive. We believe you’re best placed to understand how you work best, and we have resources available to help you work when and where you want. We find that +/- 4 hours from Edinburgh (UK standard time) works best
- We believe communication is vital for exceptional work. We have daily video standups, open calls, and 121s where you meet and build relationships with every member of the team. We have two all-company off-sites per year. These activities help us to build a strong and supportive workplace culture
- We believe that exceptional work is supported by personal and professional development and encourage the team to take advantage of coaching, training, and event opportunities as part of Kindaba
- We value flexibility and are willing and eager to make changes and provide adjustments to empower you to do your best work. From nontraditional work hours to working while travelling, to job-sharing, we are happy to be flexible to empower you to do your most exceptional work
- Benefits include access to coaching, 35 days of holiday, private medical and travel insurance, working with a team who are passionate about making a global impact, ownership of your work and flexibility in ways of working
- We use platforms like Slack and Zoom to stay in touch, work, and build relationships
- We are applying for a Tier-2 sponsorship License to facilitate international applicants for UK-based roles
Kindaba is the gathering space for families all over the world. By using Kindaba, everyone’s connected with a safe, fun, simple, visual, intelligent messaging experience. Quickly share family photos, discuss the big game, or celebrate a new arrival. Kindaba makes it simple to keep those who matter most close.
In research mode for the last year, Kindaba is ready to share what we’ve been building with the world. Already, it’s used by thousands of people across the globe helping hundreds of families stay connected. We’re building a social impact company that values high growth and high levels of social impact. From helping to train and find employment for Refugees and Asylum Seekers, to providing free training and workshops to help people of all ages stay safe online, social impact is central to what we do. Kindaba is based in Edinburgh, and are a remote-positive company with members of our team across multiple time-zones.
Women, LGBTQI and people of colour among others are under-represented in tech. We believe that diversity is strength and we offer a culture and opportunities to make inclusivity the norm. As a team we are inclusive and encouraging of differences, and flexible in how, when, and where we work. We value a willingness to learn and develop, vulnerability, and radical candor.
Help build something world-changing at Kindaba.